200K Service

Chat to do with your MX5/Miata/Eunos Garage Ride(s).

Moderators: timk, Stu, zombie, Andrew, The American, Lokiel, -alex, miata, StanTheMan, greenMachine, ManiacLachy, Daffy

Code4
Fast Driver
Vehicle: NB8A

200K Service

Postby Code4 » Sun Apr 08, 2018 1:50 pm

My stock NB8A is due very soon for its 200,000km major service.
I have a very competent garage (who know me) who service all my cars here in Toowoomba.
I'm happy to have them do the work rather than trek to Brisvegas.
Is there anything else you would recommend me have them do apart from what is in the service schedule ?
Never put the top up unless the storm has a name.

93_Clubman
Speed Racer
Vehicle: Clubman

Re: 200K Service

Postby 93_Clubman » Sun Apr 08, 2018 6:13 pm

My NA8 Owner's Manual only goes up to the 120k service, so I'm not sure Mazda actually specifies a an NB8A 200k service in detail, but they might. For the NA8 at least I'd being doing a 100k service plus brake & clutch fluid as they get done every 40k according to the manual. Of course, it also depends on how long you've owned the vehicle & what you had done to it & when in terms of servicing.

lonesailor
Fast Driver
Vehicle: NA8

Re: 200K Service

Postby lonesailor » Mon Apr 09, 2018 5:07 pm

I would strongly recommend changing all the hoses unless you know, for sure, that they have been. A coolant change , using distilled water with the concentrate would also be a very good idea and easy to do at the same time. I have recently had to replace my cylinder head after a heater hose blew out at 230k klms. FWIW apart from a warped and soft head everything else looked fine.

Return to “MX5 Garage Chat”