lolmx5's NA8

Chat to do with your MX5/Miata/Eunos Garage Ride(s).

Moderators: timk, Stu, zombie, Andrew, The American, Lokiel, -alex, miata, StanTheMan, greenMachine, ManiacLachy, Daffy

Magpie
Speed Racer
Vehicle: NA6

Re: lolmx5's NA8

Postby Magpie » Wed May 24, 2017 3:36 pm

Those covers are handy however it also could mean that you forget to check the fluid levels...

StanTheMan
Forum legend

Postby StanTheMan » Wed May 24, 2017 3:36 pm

Love your work.

Very tidy 8) 8) 8)
Satans Ride called F33nix the resurrected NA6

lolmx5
Fast Driver
Vehicle: NA8

Postby lolmx5 » Wed May 24, 2017 3:52 pm

Magpie wrote:Those covers are handy however it also could mean that you forget to check the fluid levels...

ill make sure its part of my weekly check up :) ahah
StanTheMan wrote:Love your work.

Very tidy 8) 8) 8)

Thanks man :)

Okibi
Speed Racer
Vehicle: NB SE

Postby Okibi » Wed May 24, 2017 11:03 pm

Great write up and pics, thanks for taking the time and effort to share.
If you had access to a car like this, would you take it back right away? Neither would I.

lolmx5
Fast Driver

lolmx5's NA8

Postby lolmx5 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:08 pm

Ok small / big update ahah

I ordered a genuine gear surround from yahoo Japan came in a bit scratched up (ad didn't show) but decided to make it worth my money and sanded it back and polished it up.

Drilled the holes and installed it came out looking awesome

But to more exciting new, I recently bought a 1997 Na8 BRG limited, one of 75 brought to aus. Not the best example but hey this is gonna be fun.

My plan was to removed the tan dash for my car and fix it up a bit since it was a bit neglected, the rest of the interior is a bit tired but the dash was in awesome condition, recent soft top installed (still looks brand new) and just a pretty clean body.

Has some service history and has the original books with it and Factory optioned a/c (that still blows cold for now ahah)

This na8 was a drivers car, and I mean it has 445,000 kms and still drives very smooth. Did a compression test and all numbers were very good. Seems like it was taken care of mechanically as well

Have given it wash and a oil change so far.

I don't plan on keeping it long just a quick fix up and move it on, but I couldn't help but giving this little gem another chance at life.

What needs to be done:

Polish the paint
Fix driver side window
Swap in black/clean interior (I plan on using the dash only)
Minor service items
New tires
And just a general clean up of the car
Fix passenger side dent (lower door)

ImageHere she is

Not sure if I will document it, (most likely will) but if you guys are interested I will.

If anyone is interested in the brg na8 will be for sale in a few weeks (if I could keep it I would but I now have 3 cars and no money )

Stay tuned

luzinit
Fast Driver
Vehicle: NB8A

Postby luzinit » Sun Jun 25, 2017 11:08 am

Yes, please document it!

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

lolmx5
Fast Driver

Postby lolmx5 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:32 pm

ok it’s been awhile :) , so time for an update. going to be a long one

I’ve decided to keep this page on this mx5 only

let’s get right into it with the installation of my mazdaspeed roll bar. I found my mazdaspeed roll bar in good condition and imported it here. came with all hard ware and was quite simple to install. It was pretty much a straight bolt in.

I think it looks awesome. I know it’s not a full roll bar and more like style bar but the fact that its mazdaspeed is just awesome.

after installation you can really feel the difference in stiffness. changed the car completely when driving and just feels more solid.

Here’s some pics

ImageUntitled by lol mx5

ImageUntitled by lol mx5

ImageUntitled by lol mx5

After that I finally got myself a ARC Panel filter to go with my mazdaspeed air box. Pretty much just a drop in and install, changed the look of then engine bay a lot and I can’t stop looking at ahah

I also installed a Beatrush cooling panel at the same time.

ImageUntitled by lol mx5

ImageUntitled by lol mx5

ImageUntitled by lol mx5

giving the interior some love now, I’ve replaced the centre console with a jdm one with a good gear shift ring as the last one was polished and I wanted more of the oem finish on it. while I was doing that I also grabbed myself a joyfast gear knob that goes with the interior really nicely. also grabbed myself a genuine metal handbrake (that was still brand new in the box) and installed it at the same time.

ImageUntitled by lol mx5

ImageUntitled by lol mx5

I’ve always wanted TSIs for my car but never liked the look of the modern ones, I was looking at attempting to make some kind of like how Adam from revlimiter made some zest tsi reps, but could never come across something that was cheap to start with. But then I came across these.

I found these on eBay uk and bided on them, I won the auction and in total after exchange cost including shipping was about $80 AUD

ImageUntitled by lol mx5

they were run down but are genuine zest tsi and after removing some of the stupid mods the previous owner done and changing the lenses they look like this.

ImageUntitled by lol mx5

they also have been painted red to match the car (I don’t have pics of it right now, but will update you guys later with them installed)

after that I decided to treat myself for my birthday and bought some runabout m2 racing mirrors. I love the look of these and can’t wait to install them.

here’s how them came.

ImageUntitled by lol mx5

ImageUntitled by lol mx5

ImageUntitled by lol mx5

ImageUntitled by lol mx5

after that I had a bit of bad luck. someone back into the mx5 and scratched the rear bar, nothing bad but still annoying.

ImageUntitled by lol mx5

because of this I decided to get some paint done.
I’ve had the rear bar, front bar, boot lid, spoiler and both lips painted (lips painted gloss black) as well as polish the rest of the car. paint match was spot on and the car looks amazing. Spoiler really does help the rear of the car.

ImageUntitled by lol mx5

ImageUntitled by lol mx5

ImageUntitled by lol mx5

once that was done I installed the fuel lid that I bought a bit ago but haven’t installed yet. with the car looking awesome, fuel lid made it even better. will hopefully have good photos soon but the she really has come a long way. but like always still even longer to go ahah.

ImageUntitled by lol mx5

thanks for reading and update next time won’t take as long :)

ManiacLachy
Forum Guru
Vehicle: NB SE

Postby ManiacLachy » Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:42 am

The car is looking really nice, well done. I like the Mazdaspeed and general JDM touches a lot.

Gladiator
Racing Driver

Postby Gladiator » Wed Jan 31, 2018 7:03 pm

I love that fuel lid !! I just got one from MX5 Parts Uk, but it’s nothing like that one! Where’d you get it?
Here’s mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"I'd rather a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy"

1990 Silver Eunos NA6

lolmx5
Fast Driver

Postby lolmx5 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 7:06 pm

Gladiator wrote:I love that fuel lid !! I just got one from MX5 Parts Uk, but it’s nothing like that one! Where’d you get it?
Here’s mine.

Got mine from yahoo auctions japan, cost about 150 and is awesome quality Image

lucmor444
Racing Driver

Postby lucmor444 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 7:17 pm

it's a Zoom Engineering lid - you can get them brand new from Japan - Around $180 plus shipping IIRC.

lolmx5
Fast Driver

lolmx5's NA8

Postby lolmx5 » Sun Oct 07, 2018 5:22 pm

Ok time for a little update

It’s been a while and progress has slowed down as I’m saving some money atm for other things, but I though I should update this page so I don’t forget to anything and to document the car. Last update I showed the new paint job and a few little bits I got for it.

So I’ll like to keep this short and ad some pics, so I’m gonna just write a list of things I did and pics will follow.

Mods:
New headlights
Painted tsi’s
Hayashi 14 wheels
Adaptronic modular Ecu
Innovate wideband sensor
Rev limiter badge

Also had it tuned where it made 75kws atw (that’s completely stock except for ecu) I’m very happy with the figure as that’s what a stock Mx5 should make. Once I put heads and an intake should get better.

Photos will be uploaded soon

lolmx5
Fast Driver

Postby lolmx5 » Sun Oct 07, 2018 11:36 pm

Now that im home and am able to upload pics (New iphone doesnt work right with taptalk app)
First up was my new headlights, i got raybrig clear headlights, they really make the look fo the mx5 a lot nicer and not so dated

ImageIMG_8272 by lol mx5, on Flickr

ImageIMG_8960 by lol mx5, on Flickr

ImageIMG_1333 by lol mx5, on Flickr

ImageIMG_6400 by lol mx5, on Flickr

I also had my genuine zest tsi painted, i havent mounted them yet but they look awesome!!

ImageIMG_7261 by lol mx5, on Flickr

As you can see the next thing i did was wheels, I got my hands on a set of Hayashi ST 14x6 wheels front pair are +25 and rears are 0 offset
they really do look good and once i add coilovers to the combination i think it will really sit well

ImageIMG_1305 by lol mx5, on Flickr

ImageIMG_9592 by lol mx5, on Flickr

ImageIMG_6394 by lol mx5, on Flickr

After that i added my mudflaps that were cut to fit around the rear lips and it really get rid of the skinny leg look it had from the rear

ImageIMG_6405 by lol mx5, on Flickr

ImageIMG_6574 by lol mx5, on Flickr

Also added my new rev limiter badge, also helps the look at the front!!

ImageIMG_6597 by lol mx5, on Flickr

ImageIMG_6601 by lol mx5, on Flickr

i also added a adaptonic ecu and innovate wideband sensor, ecu is plug and play, i also installed the wideband gauge in the glove box as i didnt want anything to be visible when driving.

ImageIMG_6381 by lol mx5, on Flickr

ImageIMG_6380 by lol mx5, on Flickr

view inside the car when glovebox is open

ImageIMG_6382 by lol mx5, on Flickr

i also got it tuned down at mx5 mania

ImageIMG_1516 by lol mx5, on Flickr

heres the dyno sheet for those of you that like to know that stuff :)

ImageIMG_9324 by lol mx5, on Flickr

car feels alot smoother and i feel a bit of a torque increase not sure what the stock torque is but it now feels way better!!

have bigger plans for her in the future so stay tuned to see its progress :)

Dehamsta
Fast Driver

Postby Dehamsta » Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:10 am

Good to see this thread being updated. Thought you might have abandoned the build.

Sent from my BLA-L09 using Tapatalk

Return to “MX5 Garage Chat”