The \"1\" Highway \"1\" California USA

Where are your favourite MX5 roads in the State that you live?

Moderators: timk, Stu, Andrew, -alex, miata

Red Baron
Fast Driver
Vehicle: ND - 2 GT

The \"1\" Highway \"1\" California USA

Postby Red Baron » Sun Jan 15, 2006 3:12 pm

I thought this would be a great road to drive, among numerous others covering about 5k's over the past few weeks.

Very satisfied that I have been able to put a great big tick against it as a life experience, all be it in a Jeep Cherokee.

Covered from San Fransisco to LA over 3 days, sitting on the wrong side of the car on the wrong side of the road, but soon got into the groove, even with constant reminders from Snoopy about the "Drop Down Bits", and they were serious drop downs, especially over the Big Sir.

If you ever get the chance, make sure you do it. I promise you , it will blow you away.

Not only the road, but the xxperience, nothing quiet like cruising on the edge of a cliff watching whales play in the seas below, wandering along a beach covered with elephant seals for a rest between curves. Then on the complete flip side, how the wealthy play!!!! and they play

Totally :shock:

baron
Red
True Red NC Touring, Tein's, sways, beatrush chassis suite, roadstersports exhaust, starting to steer like a sports car, and stop like a bee with Hawk pads and DBA4000's! And still the wife's shopping cart, "Gold"

Hot Rodders
Racing Driver
Vehicle: NB8A

Postby Hot Rodders » Mon Jan 16, 2006 4:13 pm

Done that trip myself. And how about driving down the road near LA and you look out across the water to see....... Oil Rigs! just off the shore line. :shock:

Red Baron
Fast Driver

Postby Red Baron » Mon Jan 16, 2006 6:46 pm

Oil Rigs! just off the shore line.

We need 'em, but not as much as some?

Did you have a play with the Elephant seals at San Simeon? just near Hearst castle, now that is wealth :roll:

baron
Red
True Red NC Touring, Tein's, sways, beatrush chassis suite, roadstersports exhaust, starting to steer like a sports car, and stop like a bee with Hawk pads and DBA4000's! And still the wife's shopping cart, "Gold"

Hot Rodders
Racing Driver
Vehicle: NB8A

Postby Hot Rodders » Tue Jan 17, 2006 9:19 am

Nah, missed that one, but did see the seals at San Fran whilst waiting to go out to "The Rock".

Red Baron
Fast Driver

Postby Red Baron » Wed Jan 18, 2006 5:09 pm

Oh, one other thing, stopped of at Lagoona Seca for a little look, what a great track, the cork screw looks awesome.

baron
Red

Jeremy Owen

'all be it in a Jeep Cherokee'

Postby Jeremy Owen » Thu Mar 20, 2008 2:36 pm

Last year I had booked an MX-5 (NC Automatic) so I could drive down the coast on the weekend. They 'upgraded' me to a Mustang as no MX-5 was in.

In the hills behind Palo Alto it was all noise and not much motion - certainly not in the direction I wanted to go.

The next day I returned the Mustang and drove to the coast at Monteray, then down the coast some way past the Big Sur. It was a nice day out - not the same as the GOR at 6am though.

I was impressed with the automatic. (for an automatic)

Col
Fast Driver
Vehicle: 10AE

Postby Col » Thu Mar 20, 2008 3:14 pm

Was Wally World open when you got there?
Happy 10AE man [#5128]

Jeremy Owen

Postby Jeremy Owen » Thu Mar 20, 2008 3:24 pm

The whole place is Wally's World.

(Just to make it clear: I picked up an MX-5 when I returned the 'Stang.)

Return to “MX5 Great Twisty Roads”