map of tassie ?

Where are your favourite MX5 roads in the State that you live?

Moderators: timk, Stu, Andrew, -alex, miata

Fatty
Speed Racer
Vehicle: NA6

map of tassie ?

Postby Fatty » Tue Oct 23, 2007 8:22 pm

anyone wanna show me their map of tassie ? ? :lol:

more specifically, i'm looking for a good circuit to do, with nice roads all the way along.

the girlfreind and i are planning a trip so if anyone can give me some tips on where to start, where to finish, and what roads to drive in between.. well that would be great !

the plan is to take the mx5 over on the boat, and go from there... i guess we'll be there for a week or so.

Craig
Speed Racer
Vehicle: Non MX-5

Postby Craig » Tue Oct 23, 2007 8:26 pm

:shock:
*** Audi A5 Sportback - back in black! ***

AJ
Speed Racer
Vehicle: NC

Postby AJ » Tue Oct 23, 2007 8:28 pm

i'll put together something for you fatty if you like??...............what sort of time frame are we talking here??? 8)
Don't worry about what people think, they don't do it very often
XMX5 Rogues

Fatty
Speed Racer
Vehicle: NA6

Postby Fatty » Tue Oct 23, 2007 8:29 pm

yes please!

will be going over for xmas holidays, for a week or so.

fattima
Racing Driver
Vehicle: ND - 2 GT

Postby fattima » Tue Oct 23, 2007 9:09 pm

Fatty,
I've done a few tarmac rallys in Tassie and can show you some ripper roads. Some you will want to do on the weekend so you don't get run over by logging and mining trucks. Can even give you some pace notes if you are feeling game!

Garry
Speed Racer
Vehicle: NB SP

Postby Garry » Tue Oct 23, 2007 9:17 pm

Or do a google search on Targa Tasmania and look for stage maps.

We did all the Targa stages a few years ago and I can highly recomend most of them, especially with a turbo car as it makes overtaking the hundreds of slow moving white hire Camrys dríven by tourists a lot easier. The straights are short and few and far between so a bit of extra overtaking grunt comes in handy. The Targa trail was a great way to see Tasmania.
Shiney black one with added red bits. Member of the fart club. Now with extra doof and Sunlong. - deceased and gone to heaven

Wotsa
Fast Driver

Postby Wotsa » Tue Oct 23, 2007 11:01 pm

The Canberra Chapter did the Targa Trail in 2004 and is repeating it again next year. As Garry said, the Targa Trail is a great way to see Tasmania. Contact TasVacations, tell 'em that is what you want to do, give 'em the dates and they will do the rest.
2005 Mephisto Grae mit Eibachs

Jimmy
Fast Driver

Postby Jimmy » Wed Oct 31, 2007 4:17 pm

Im doing the Great Ocean Road and the Targa tasmania course in about 3 weeks time. In my research into organising the trip, i found that the road between Hobart and Queenstown is very highly spoken of, an absolute must. Ive been looking forward to this trip for over a year now, I can not wait!

Gazbo
Fast Driver

Re:

Postby Gazbo » Wed Oct 31, 2007 7:15 pm

JimmyJ5 wrote:Im doing the Great Ocean Road and the Targa tasmania course in about 3 weeks time. In my research into organising the trip, i found that the road between Hobart and Queenstown is very highly spoken of, an absolute must. Ive been looking forward to this trip for over a year now, I can not wait!

I've travelled the Hobart - Queenstown road and it was indeed quite good, pity I was in a rental 1.0 litre Suzuki Swift at the time....

Return to “MX5 Great Twisty Roads”