Aftermarket Nardi gear shift knob - does the g

Body, Paint, Interior and Trim questions and answers

Moderators: timk, Stu, zombie, Andrew, -alex, miata

twr7cx
Fast Driver
Vehicle: NA6

Aftermarket Nardi gear shift knob - does the g

Postby twr7cx » Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:40 pm

I’m looking to fit a Nardi Evolution black leather into my 89 NA. Unlike the factory knobs which thread on they use a set screw and sleeve to hold in place. From others experience does this work fine or is it a bit loose/wiggly?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

93_Clubman
Speed Racer
Vehicle: Clubman

Re: Aftermarket Nardi gear shift knob - does the g

Postby 93_Clubman » Sun Dec 10, 2017 4:21 pm

Like the NA6 Momo steering wheel centre pad, you can pickup a black leather Nardi NB8B gear knob (6 speed) that will screw on to the 5 speed from UK ebay etc - that's what I've done to preserve the NA8 black leather Nardi gear knob. Subaru WRX (& some other Subaru models) of the same era also used these Nardi gear knobs (NA8 & NB8B), but they're a different sized thread, although they do have a white plastic insert, so if that white plastic insert could be unscrewed you might find they are ultimately the correct size thread.

twr7cx
Fast Driver

Postby twr7cx » Sun Dec 10, 2017 4:56 pm

93_Clubman wrote:Like the NA6 Momo steering wheel centre pad, you can pickup a black leather Nardi NB8B gear knob (6 speed) that will screw on to the 5 speed from UK ebay etc - that's what I've done to preserve the NA8 black leather Nardi gear knob.

Thanks for the tip! i've had a look at eBay.co.uk but no luck finding one - not sure if I used the wrong search terms ('NB knob', 'MX5 Nardi', 'NB Nardi' etc.) or there might just be none listed at the moment! I'll keep looking.

ianoz
Fast Driver

Postby ianoz » Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:14 pm

Uk sites often call NB8A = Mk2 (mark 2) and NB8B = Mk2.5
NA6 '89 red, NB8B '01 silver

93_Clubman
Speed Racer
Vehicle: Clubman

Postby 93_Clubman » Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:23 am

Used:
UK ebay: mx5 nardi knob
US ebay: miata nardi knob
Canadian ebay: miata nardi knob
Canadian ebay: mx5 nardi knob
Aust ebay: mx5 nardi knob
For US & Canada you might want to try replacing knob with shifter. Googling those terms can also locate used parts sellers who only list on their own websites.
Just looked but couldn't see a black leather Nardi gear knob (they do come up from time to time), but there was this 1998-2000 NB8A black plasti-rubber one (similar to the 1989-1993 NA6 & 1996-1997 NA8): https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/MAZDA-MX5-M ... SwAHBaJ5Q8

Return to “MX5 Body, Paint, Interior & Trim”