NA front bumper mounting - sides to fenders and radiator mouth

Body, Paint, Interior and Trim questions and answers

Moderators: timk, Stu, zombie, Andrew, -alex, miata

twr7cx
Fast Driver
Vehicle: NA6

NA front bumper mounting - sides to fenders and radiator mouth

Postby twr7cx » Thu Nov 07, 2019 11:39 am

I'm refitting the front bumper bar (nose cone) on my NA6 that has been resprayed as part of a bit of a 30 year old restoration job. It's one of the few items that I didn't remove myself before the paint work and it's not obvious from the hardware that's left what I need for these last two parts:

1. There looks like the front bar should be secured to the fender on each side vertically:

2. In the radiator opening of the front bar there's three holes at the top and three at the bottom:

Any chance anyone would be able to post or send me a photo of what's there on their vehicle so I can identify what parts I'm short of.

twr7cx
Fast Driver

Re: NA front bumper mounting - sides to fenders and radiator mouth

Postby twr7cx » Thu Nov 07, 2019 12:59 pm

From this parts diagram:

It looks like the pieces I need are:

For the left and right side of the front bar to the fenders are:

99769-0520 screw, tapping which screws into: 50-043E that I assume fits into the slot in the fender to receive the screw.

Then for the radiator opening in the front bar:

I think 50-101A is for the bottom three and 50-036C (which seems to convert to BF6750033) for the top three.

Would be great still if anyone has any actual pictures of these items rather than just these blurry black and white drawings.

twr7cx
Fast Driver

Re: NA front bumper mounting - sides to fenders and radiator mouth

Postby twr7cx » Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:39 pm

Ended up putting a philips head machine screw up through the corner of the front bar into the hole in the fender and a washer and flange nut on the top.

For the radiator opening I sourced some trim scrivets from Super Cheaper Auto that fit neatly at the bottom. For the top three the holes are too large so have managed to source the proper items from a breaker.

It looks close enough to factory original for me.

Return to “MX5 Body, Paint, Interior & Trim”