MODERN SPORTS CARS 2014.

Anything to do with the MX5 and Motor Sport

Moderators: timk, Stu, zombie, Andrew, -alex, miata

Magpie
Speed Racer
Vehicle: NA6

Re: MODERN SPORTS CARS 2014.

Postby Magpie » Wed Dec 04, 2013 5:11 pm

Deckspeed Racing wrote:our car was elible when we ran it last time as they where runing under 2b sports car regs. under these regs our cars are 100 percent legal , we built our cars undre CAMS regulations as they where the only published regs available , I checked MSC web site 30 minutes ago still couldn't find published tech regs.

This may only apply to sprint format and not the enduro. Like Deckspeed Racing my car conforms to CAMS 2B so some clarification is needed.

MattR
Racing Driver

Postby MattR » Wed Dec 04, 2013 5:30 pm

The problem at the moment is that the tech regs are not available.

I am concerned about references to minimum weights and capacities for FI cars as I am currently building an S14 to 2B rules and a very strict diet is happening to the car as the power is limited by the turbo rules I have to run to.

We also need to know what the basic things are for the cars to actually run, I know that basically 2B and 2F are the basis of the rules, but what tweaks are there going to be. For example if they are going to use restrictors like IPRA, and it clashes with 2B then I need to know now to build the car accordingly, same with engine capacities, in 2B I can run a stroker, but this increases capacity by at least 10% not taking into account going over size in the bores by as much as 3-4mm dpending on how much I want to throw at the motor.

toppertee
Racing Driver

Postby toppertee » Wed Dec 04, 2013 6:40 pm

MattR wrote:The problem at the moment is that the tech regs are not available.

I am concerned about references to minimum weights and capacities for FI cars as I am currently building an S14 to 2B rules and a very strict diet is happening to the car as the power is limited by the turbo rules I have to run to.

We also need to know what the basic things are for the cars to actually run, I know that basically 2B and 2F are the basis of the rules, but what tweaks are there going to be. For example if they are going to use restrictors like IPRA, and it clashes with 2B then I need to know now to build the car accordingly, same with engine capacities, in 2B I can run a stroker, but this increases capacity by at least 10% not taking into account going over size in the bores by as much as 3-4mm dpending on how much I want to throw at the motor.

You know there's no trophies for first place in this series?
If your car is to quick, they will more than likely give you a lead trophy, or tell you to, F off instead.
From what I'm to understand this is more about having a good time, I.E. Gentlemen racing not Genital racing :D

MattR
Racing Driver

Postby MattR » Wed Dec 04, 2013 7:25 pm

toppertee wrote:
You know there's no trophies for first place in this series?
If your car is to quick, they will more than likely give you a lead trophy, or tell you to, F off instead.
From what I'm to understand this is more about having a good time, I.E. Gentlemen racing not Genital racing :D

I've been around racing long enough to know that to win a little bit of money and plastic costs you a whole lot more.

What I want to know is what the rules are so I can prepare and build my car to the best of my ability to the limit of the rules using them to my advantage where possible and not spend a sh*t load of money and time to find out I've wasted it as the car isn't eligible and I can't run.

The decision to replace my old 2B spec 240 with a S14 in 2B spec wasn't taken likely and has taken a lot of planning to ensure I can get the best bang for my buck in a car that can run at as many events as possible.

Magpie
Speed Racer

Postby Magpie » Wed Dec 04, 2013 7:31 pm

MattR wrote:What I want to know is what the rules are so I can prepare and build my car to the best of my ability to the limit of the rules using them to my advantage where possible and not spend a sh*t load of money and time to find out I've wasted it as the car isn't eligible and I can't run.

The decision to replace my old 2B spec 240 with a S14 in 2B spec wasn't taken likely and has taken a lot of planning to ensure I can get the best bang for my buck in a car that can run at as many events as possible.

I agree with MattR on this. I was attracted to the MSC because it sounded like a great way to get involved in non-sprint racing. The other reason was MSC appeared to have simple rules. I'm not sure now.

Hopefully somebody can provide some clarity.

oztrackdays
Fast Driver
Vehicle: NB8B

Invitational Class ?

Postby oztrackdays » Wed Dec 04, 2013 7:40 pm

Hey Chris,

I am actually for the engine swap cars running, still working on getting one of my own completed,
but I think they should just run for funsies and be ineligible for the magic $8 wooden plaques
that many get so excitable over. Or just make a wooden plaque for "Unlimited" class or some
similar grouping.

ProdSports had a similar option for cars that don't fit in the rules this allows people to come have
some grassroots Motorsports enjoyment without having to spend a sh*t tin making their car fast
trying to fully build an uninspiring base engine eg the 2.0 NC.
M O N D A ... MX5 Powered by K24 Honda Power BUILD THREAD -> http://mx5cartalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=57&t=63786

mx5racing
Forum sponsor
Vehicle: ND - 2

Postby mx5racing » Wed Dec 04, 2013 7:53 pm

Lou got a bit ahead of himself - maybe he's just super keen to get back on track :mrgreen:

As I previously posted the regs/rules, including any changes since last year, will be released to the MSC website in the next few days.

Whist it's great to see the interest generated by this category, perhaps everyone could wait until then to read the rules and then ask any questions. 8)

They are currently being reviewed by our advisory group in NSW, QLD and VIC.

Return to “MX5 Motor Sport”