Jesse's NA6 from the south

Chat to do with your MX5/Miata/Eunos Garage Ride(s).

Moderators: timk, Stu, zombie, Andrew, The American, Lokiel, -alex, miata, StanTheMan, greenMachine, ManiacLachy, Daffy

Jessegroves
Driver
Vehicle: NA6

Re: Jesse's NA6 from the south

Postby Jessegroves » Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:46 pm

speed wrote:Looking great. Wish i had power mirrors!
I'd have to see the merlot with tan seats before i can be convinced. Sounds fine in my head but we all know red is a winner :)

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Lucky mines tan then!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

speed
Speed Racer

Re: RE: Re: Jesse's NA6 from the south

Postby speed » Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:54 pm

Jessegroves wrote:
I'd have to see the merlot with tan seats before i can be convinced. Sounds fine in my head but we all know red is a winner :)

Lucky mines tan then!

I know, thats why i was saying that I'd have to see the merlot with tan seats in it first before deciding. We already know that tan and red is a winning combination

NA6 turbo - 140kw atw - not the most powerful but so much fun :D

Jessegroves
Driver

Postby Jessegroves » Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:55 pm

speed wrote:
Jessegroves wrote:

Lucky mines tan then!

I know, thats why i was saying that I'd have to see the merlot with tan seats in it first before deciding. We already know that tan and red is a winning combination

Ahhh! Yeah hopefully they'll go together nicely, the M Edition was tan so it should match well :)

I'd keep it red but i can't justify spending the money if it's going to be the same colour

KevGoat
Speed Racer
Vehicle: NB SE

Postby KevGoat » Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:34 pm

The NA8 mirrors don't just look better (as Jesse mentions, they flow with the body nicer) but have the advantage they don't get knocked out of position like the NA6 ones constantly do. Back when I had Mexie, it use to annoy me how often I'd climb in and have to lean over or climb out to re-adjust the passenger mirror! I wired mine up to an NA8 switch, but it's not really necessary as once they are properly adjusted they tend to stay that way.

Jessegroves
Driver

Postby Jessegroves » Wed Jul 26, 2017 11:19 pm

Bought a set of parts to replace after it's resprayed, including belt moulds, window trims, seals, etc, as they go hard and brittle and will never install correctly, this should fix that and restore them from a faded gray to a fresh gloss black :) highly reccomend Amayama for OEM Mazda parts.

Getting closer every day..

KevGoat
Speed Racer
Vehicle: NB SE

Postby KevGoat » Thu Jul 27, 2017 12:13 am

Jessegroves wrote:Ahhh! Yeah hopefully they'll go together nicely, the M Edition was tan so it should match well :)

I'd keep it red but i can't justify spending the money if it's going to be the same colour

Just been looking around the net and seen the M Series brochure and looks good with the tan interior. Don't know if this colour is anything like the NB Heritage but that colour is awesome!

Quotes I had years ago for a respray on my NA pretty much doubled for a colour change over a "door closed" same colour re-spray, and that didn't include engine removal to paint the engine bay to match. If I wanted that done, the cost more than tripled!

Jessegroves
Driver

Postby Jessegroves » Fri Jul 28, 2017 10:32 pm

KevGoat wrote:
Jessegroves wrote:Ahhh! Yeah hopefully they'll go together nicely, the M Edition was tan so it should match well :)

Just been looking around the net and seen the M Series brochure and looks good with the tan interior. Don't know if this colour is anything like the NB Heritage but that colour is awesome!

Quotes I had years ago for a respray on my NA pretty much doubled for a colour change over a "door closed" same colour re-spray, and that didn't include engine removal to paint the engine bay to match. If I wanted that done, the cost more than tripled!

I won't lie, it's not very cheap, but it's something that I've wanted to do during the whole ownership of it, I'm quite a perfectionist and this will really motivate me to keep going with the car :) the aim is to have no masking, which means bumpers and doors off too. It'll be a much better result in the end I think though :)

Jessegroves
Driver

Postby Jessegroves » Tue Aug 01, 2017 8:37 pm

Revived some OEM goodies today.
Brand new window/door seals and an offset plate bracket so I don't have to go drilling into the bumper

Shiny shiny. Gonna look real nice replacing the old brittle ones with cut and polish all over them!

Jessegroves
Driver

Postby Jessegroves » Sat Aug 26, 2017 2:16 pm

Made up some new rubber gaskets for the new mirrors today if anyone would like a set PM me

Jessegroves
Driver

Jesse's NA6 from the south

Postby Jessegroves » Sun Sep 17, 2017 2:23 pm

An update!

Been hard at work fiberglassing mounting points for the rear panel and making up some tail light adapters.

After I had some templates made out of plastic sheet, I started with fiberglass sheets that will fit the adapters, I used around 3 layers, letting it cure slightly in between.

Here is a photo during the hardening process.

After it was finished, I cut it down to size, used a hole saw to cut the hole
For the new tail lights and sanded each one to smooth edges.

Later I will use adhesive foam to ensure it is completely weather tight :)

This is it fitted to the outside of the tail light area, I will be using the original tail light weather gaskets to seal it

Here is one of the mounting points I made out of welding a bolt head to a piece of sheet metal flat, I then fiberglassed individual layers to get a strong hold, it turned out to be extremely strong! Very happy with my first time using fiberglass :)

Jessegroves
Driver

Postby Jessegroves » Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:54 pm

New wheels decided to rock up, should look great with the new paint :) Image

Return to “MX5 Garage Chat”