PeterB - Evo Gold NB8A

Chat to do with your MX5/Miata/Eunos Garage Ride(s).

Moderators: timk, Stu, zombie, Andrew, The American, Lokiel, -alex, miata, StanTheMan, greenMachine, ManiacLachy, Daffy

PeterB
Fast Driver
Vehicle: Non MX-5

Re: PeterB - Evo Gold NB8A

Postby PeterB » Mon Aug 22, 2016 5:46 pm

Another quiet year with the MX5 whilst I dragged the caravan around Victoria. I had to update my BA Falcon sedan I had worn out, so picked up a nice BF MkII RTV utility (the same model crash tested by Manga-Blues son) as the new tow beast, so any plans to modify the MX5 have gone out the window, and I will put her the MX5 back to Clubman specs for track days.

Only a couple of Canberra hillclimbs in the Gold NB8A this year for a 51.1 on Star-Spec Dirrezza II earlier in the year and a recent 50.31 on a fresh set of Nitto NT01s.

The Nitto had to be partially bedded in on the road, so were a bit slippery and were off my pb of 49.71, but I was improving each run. The last one felt a very good lap, but was miss-timed and in the re-run I threw her backwards down the track in front of the spectator mound, which was appreciated by the spectators.

I have entered for the Wakefield Park State supersprint / MX5 trackday double in September 2016 and am looking forward to it.

To come back to Clubman specs the Bilsteins are coming out and the stock suspension going back in, and a stock rear muffler being re-fitted, so my two modifications will be the Torsen diff and braided brake lines, leaving me with :

Engine rebuilt to stock specifications by Carco and Belconnen Engines, with quality bearings and new oil pump.
New radiator, hoses, water pump, clutch and cam belt.
Standard shocks/springs and bars
Braided brake and clutch lines
Torsen 2 diff (4.3:1).
Hawk HP+ front pads on stock rotors
15x6.5" rim with Dunlop ZII for a 1.16.12 for Clubman class
15x7" rims with nitto NT01 for state supersprints and hillclimbs.
Sparco Sprint V seat on NA rails, 6 point harness, Brown-Davis roll bar.
Tow-bar/bike rack.
Peter B
MX5 free for present

Return to “MX5 Garage Chat”