The journey to Apu

Chat to do with your MX5/Miata/Eunos Garage Ride(s).

Moderators: timk, Stu, zombie, Andrew, The American, Lokiel, -alex, miata, StanTheMan, greenMachine, ManiacLachy, Daffy

Apu
Speed Racer
Vehicle: NB8B

Re: The journey to Apu

Postby Apu » Wed May 28, 2014 1:40 pm

So...can anyone tell what's happened here?
side.jpg

Will also post pics of the new Aeroflow lines on the weekend...forgot to take pics!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

shuey
Racing Driver

Postby shuey » Wed May 28, 2014 1:59 pm

.. stealth looking bodykit? 8)
2001 Sunlight Silver NB8B - SOLD - 23/6/16 :frown:

Apu
Speed Racer

Postby Apu » Wed May 28, 2014 2:17 pm

Haha! No. I switched to 15x8 Buddy Clubs. The Works Engineering wheels I had were 15x6.5 and I suspect a bit narrow for the power I have now...which is a shame as they were light and very affordable wheels.

The Buddys are almost identical in appearance if you just look over them, except they fill out the guards a lot more.

They Works Engineering wheels will go to a new home soon. Having taken them off, after more than 2 years of use and track days, they are still in mint condition apart from minor scratches from the wheel nuts. Unfortunate that I can't get anymore of them...at least, not easily.

A.Chen89
Racing Driver
Vehicle: NB8B - Turbo

Postby A.Chen89 » Wed May 28, 2014 6:54 pm

Time to hit up the drags!

smy0003
Racing Driver
Vehicle: NA8

Postby smy0003 » Tue Jun 10, 2014 11:38 am

Had a read through but may have missed it, what is Apu running ECU wise?
[b]Then: Sunlight Silver NB8B
Now: Chaste White NA8

Apu
Speed Racer

Postby Apu » Tue Jun 10, 2014 2:12 pm

Running an Adaptronic now

smy0003
Racing Driver
Vehicle: NA8

Postby smy0003 » Tue Jun 10, 2014 7:29 pm

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk
[b]Then: Sunlight Silver NB8B
Now: Chaste White NA8

dinknjim
Learner Driver
Vehicle: NB8A

Postby dinknjim » Fri Jun 13, 2014 11:45 pm

Apu wrote:Haha! No. I switched to 15x8 Buddy Clubs. The Works Engineering wheels I had were 15x6.5 and I suspect a bit narrow for the power I have now...which is a shame as they were light and very affordable wheels.

The Buddys are almost identical in appearance if you just look over them, except they fill out the guards a lot more.

They Works Engineering wheels will go to a new home soon. Having taken them off, after more than 2 years of use and track days, they are still in mint condition apart from minor scratches from the wheel nuts. Unfortunate that I can't get anymore of them...at least, not easily.

They do look nice on the exo.....but would look nicer on my car....

Exocet Australia
Fast Driver
Vehicle: ND - 2

Postby Exocet Australia » Sat Jun 14, 2014 6:58 am

dinknjim wrote:They do look nice on the exo.....but would look nicer on my car....

No, they wouldn't.

luzinit
Fast Driver
Vehicle: NB8A

Postby luzinit » Mon Jul 21, 2014 2:26 am

Just spent 1.5hours reading this thread from beginning to end after seeing a PIC of the car on Dann's Facebook page. Great build mate. Can't get over the super sexy CF airbox. Really cool how you retained it with your turbo kit. Any reason you kept the MAF?

Cheers
Tony

Apu
Speed Racer

Postby Apu » Mon Jul 21, 2014 7:05 am

Thanks! Credit to Dann for retaining the airbox. The MAF sensor is there for "aesthetics" :lol:

Apu
Speed Racer

Postby Apu » Sun Nov 09, 2014 8:13 pm

image.jpg

So look at what I pulled out of my Integra today! Wiper washer bottle with twin pumps!

As the Integra gets stripped out, bits and pieces are getting cannibalised (where possible) for Apu. I haven't pulled out the hoses yet but one of these pumps will go towards spraying the intercooler, and another will spray the oil cooler.

Question is when I'll actually get around to doing this...very time poor as we've been really busy at work, still going through the finishing touches of the home renovation and with child #3 on the way...working on two project cars is NOT EASY!

Speaking of the Integra...I am also looking for an electro-hydraulic power steering pump off a Holden Astra, so if anyone has one in good condition please let me know.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Apu
Speed Racer

Postby Apu » Sun Nov 09, 2014 8:17 pm

image.jpg

I also forgot to add...sometime back, I got my hands on a pair of seats from a Lotus Elise. I then very quickly got my hands on ANOTHER pair, but with Alcantara trim!

So I sold the leather ones (pictured above) and am getting the rails made so they can be fitted to the Apu. Looks like the harness will be coming out of Apu as the pair of Brides have migrated to the Integra.

Apu
Speed Racer

Postby Apu » Mon Mar 16, 2015 4:40 pm

Quite a few things in store for Apu at the moment. Have been a bit distracted by finishing off the Integra, and something about a third child arriving in 4 weeks...

Changes so far:
1. water methanol injection kit installed! Hot days? No problem!
2. new engine and diff mounts. A lot of thumping and clunking prior to this but the car feels nice and solid now!

The plan (in no particular order):
1. remove fog lights and vent to intake
2. bonnet vent for turbo
3. water spray for oil cooler and intercooler...only doing both as I pulled the bottle off my Integra and it's a dual pump unit. Winning!
4. respray the GV lip and touch up the roll bar
5. power steering back on...I'll probably track Apu less now given that's what I'm building the Integra for

I also realize all my pics are lost so here's a few highlighting Apu's evolution.

1 Apu.jpg

2 Works Intake.jpg

3 Engine bay.jpg

7 Respray.jpg

8 Apu2.jpg

Apu
Speed Racer

Postby Apu » Mon Mar 16, 2015 4:42 pm

The most interesting part of course is the turbo build!

12 Turbo.jpg

13 Engine turbo.jpg

14 frog arm.jpg

Return to “MX5 Garage Chat”