Brisbane to Northern NSW

Where are your favourite MX5 roads in the State that you live?

Moderators: timk, Stu, Andrew, -alex, miata

Shermanpk

Brisbane to Northern NSW

Postby Shermanpk » Sun Aug 01, 2010 12:49 pm

Hey I'm trying to remember the way down to Coffs Harbor that takes you through the old highway and the "Drive to Conditions" (really it's only do 100) roads I think it's out towards Murwillumba but I'm not sure. I uste do the drive every few months but I can't remember any more...

Shermanpk

Re: Brisbane to Northern NSW

Postby Shermanpk » Sun Aug 01, 2010 3:32 pm

no one knows I through you guys would be all over this sort of thing, I know you can only do 100, But come on :NB8A: on a Twisty road?

Quicksilver
Fast Driver
Vehicle: NB8A

Postby Quicksilver » Sun Aug 01, 2010 4:59 pm

You might be thinking of the Tomewin Mountain Road from the Currumbin Creek Rd on the Gold Coast to Murwillumbah. Its a great twisty road. From Murwilumbah, follow the signs to Uki, go through wonderfully colourful Nimbin to Lismore, down the Summerland way, turn off at Pringle Way toward Lawrence which leads you into Grafton. I think coffs is just a half hour or so from Grafton. We wnt that way to the Jacaranda festival last year. I have a different route planned for this years run.
クイクシルバ

Quicksilver
Fast Driver
Vehicle: NB8A

Postby Quicksilver » Sun Aug 01, 2010 6:56 pm

Or maybe the Tweed Valley Way which is also a nice detour from the highway around Murwillumbah but dumps you back on the Pac Hwy just a bit further down the road. As you mentioned, I think at least part of it (or maybe all) is the old Pac Hwy. I prefer the way from my last post.
クイクシルバ

JBT
Speed Racer
Vehicle: NC

Postby JBT » Sun Aug 01, 2010 7:08 pm

Nerang - Murwillumbah: Route 97 via Numinbah
Grafton - Coffs: follow the Orara Way

Return to “MX5 Great Twisty Roads”