NSW-Sydney-Royal National Park

Where are your favourite MX5 roads in the State that you live?

Moderators: timk, Stu, Andrew, -alex, miata

Garry
Speed Racer
Vehicle: NB SP

Postby Garry » Sun Dec 20, 2009 8:19 pm

Nine months ago it was perfectly legal to overtake on that part of the road. The safety Nazi's saw fit to paint double lines along that section of the road in their pointless attempts at slowing motorcyclists. If someone is prepared to ride at nearly double the speed limit through there then a little bit of paint isn't going to stop them passing there. It only penalises the law abiding motorists stuck behind tourist traffic doing well under the speed limit.

After yet another motorcycle death through there a few months ago and the guys mother declaring that because of all the corners anyone driving at the speed limit along that section of the road was a suicidal maniac the safety Nazi's have recently dropped the speed limit to walking pace destroying the last driver's road left in greater Sydney. With the marked increase in cyclists using that road as their training run it's only a matter of time till the next person dies along there even with the new slow speed limit. Some serious road work needs to be done to widen the road with a shoulder for cyclists to ride on. But of course the RTA wont do that, they will just lower the speed limit further. *sigh*

two40.....it's not real bright posting up video evidence of you breaking the law on the internet. You wouldn't be the first person charged with a traffic offence based on evidence taken off the internet. Just something to think about.
Shiney black one with added red bits. Member of the fart club. Now with extra doof and Sunlong. - deceased and gone to heaven

two40
Racing Driver
Vehicle: NA6

Postby two40 » Sun Dec 20, 2009 10:25 pm

Garry wrote: With the marked increase in cyclists using that road as their training run it's only a matter of time till the next person dies along there even with the new slow speed limit. Some serious road work needs to be done to widen the road with a shoulder for cyclists to ride on. But of course the RTA wont do that, they will just lower the speed limit further. *sigh*

two40.....it's not real bright posting up video evidence of you breaking the law on the internet. You wouldn't be the first person charged with a traffic offence based on evidence taken off the internet. Just something to think about.

A shoulder for cyclists would be ideal but I don't see that happening. As a rider myself I respect them and always get a bit nervous seeing how close other drivers pass them.

---

As for being charged... based on what evidence? I was just boasting that it was me. Was actually my mother driving that morning. :oops: :P
Point taken though Garry. Thanks. :)

---

My eyes opened at 6am this morning and I immediately thought of a brief run. Was there within an hour. Weather was overcast but that didn't keep the cyclists away and neither the Elise club. There was a pack of around a dozen and they were moving. :shock: They also had a Supra near the front and a Birkin Clubman.
George
WTB
- Early NA Radio
- Crash pad for '89 NA
headlightsgoup.com

Hjt
Speed Racer
Vehicle: NB8A

Re: NSW-Sydney-Royal National Park

Postby Hjt » Sun May 29, 2011 10:07 pm

As for being charged... based on what evidence? I was just boasting that it was me. Was actually my mother driving that morning.
Point taken though Garry. Thanks

Don't sweat it mate, the amount of times my brother an myself have outpaced patrol cars thru there over the years, they have a lot more to worry about such as domestic violence etc than to hassle people over the interwebs.

Also i can't find the document for citation but evidence that is found on the internet can only be used as "supporting" evidence, and still requires a bases for claims.
My friends who work at Miranda LAC and Campsie LAC tell me many police officers go for drivers thru the park as a part of there advanced driver training. More or less self learning. Just be careful, and make sure you choose a time that is suitable for your driving such as early hours of the morning etc when the risks are lower for other cars, pedestrians, cyclists and law enforcement.

I do NOT recommend or endorse any illegal acts on public roads, such as speeding or reckless driving FYI

Hjt
Speed Racer
Vehicle: NB8A

Re: NSW-Sydney-Royal National Park

Postby Hjt » Sun May 29, 2011 10:09 pm

How did i bump such an old thread, bahah sorry

Return to “MX5 Great Twisty Roads”